How do HNE Health Libraries protect your privacy?
An individual’s right to privacy as established under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998
is respected by HNE Health Libraries and protected. HNE Health Libraries do not allow the publication of information that may identify individuals, or might potentially identify them.
Links to external (non-HNE Health Libraries) sites are sometimes included in web pages for the convenience of site users, but HNE Health Libraries do not have any responsibility for the privacy practices of third party sites linked to this website.
Is information collected about your site visit?
Visitor logs are used on HNE Health Libraries website for statistical purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify or collect personal information about users.
What do HNE Health Libraries do with personal information provided in feedback?
Email addresses provided to this site will only be used to respond to enquiries and will not be added to mailing lists, or disclosed to any other party without the user’s consent, unless required to do so by law. Personal information will be kept in safe custody, sufficient to prevent unauthorised access, and will be properly handled to ensure its safety, integrity and confidentiality. Circumstances in which HNE Health Libraries may be required to disclose this information to a law enforcement agency include:
- Unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on HNE Health Libraries site
- Unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published on HNE Health Libraries site
- Attempts to intercept messages of other users of HNE Health Libraries site
- Communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- Attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server
- Breach the laws of the State of NSW or the Commonwealth of Australia.
HNE Health Libraries observe the information privacy principles set out in The Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998
when collecting and dealing with any personal information.
NSW Health has a Privacy Management Plan
which identifies how all NSW Health agencies comply with the Privacy Act. NSW Health’s policy document on information privacy is the NSW Health Information Privacy Code of Practice