Want to stay informed of the latest developments in your field of medicine or health science?
Keeping your skills up to date in the health field is an essential but daunting task.
To make the task of keeping current easier, HNE Health Libraries subscribe to JournalTOCS, the largest, free collection of scholarly journal Tables of Contents (TOCs): 34, 500 journals including 15,985 selected Open Access journals and 11,620 Hybrid journals from more than 3,500 publishers.
JournalTOCs is a Current Awareness Service (CAS) where you can discover the newest papers coming directly from the publishers as soon as they have been published online.
It pulls together a database of Table of Contents (TOCs) from scholarly journals and provides a convenient single "one stop shop" interface to these TOCs.
JournalTOCS is available for IOS, Android and desktop.
To get started using JournalTOCS:
- Ensure that your library membership is up to date
- You’ll need to use your membership details to register with JournalTOCS and to access any full text articles from HNE Health Libraries subscribed Journals on the JournalTOCs site
- If you aren't already a library member you can join here.
- Click here to register for JournalTOCs
- A welcome email will then be sent to your work email with your individual login and a JournalTOCs generated password which you can change later after signing in
- Sign in to JournalTOCs with your new JournalTOCs password
- Begin searching for the journals you want to follow
- Add the journals you want to follow by ticking the checkboxes from the search results
- An email will be sent daily/weekly/monthly, depending on chosen preference, showing the selected journals and their TOC’s
- To browse the contents of the journal, Click on the green HNE Health Libraries members: Click Here for Full-Text Access
- To view a specific article, select the blue Open URL icon
For further information please email HNE Health Libraries’ Alerting Services Officer.