is a joint publication of Hunter New England Local Health District,
the University of Newcastle and the University of New England.
publishes articles with a clinical focus that highlight the work of nurses and
midwives and impact on patient outcomes across the range of clinical contexts.
- increase the profile of Nursing and Midwifery within our region,
nationally and internationally
- foster increased skill and confidence in writing for publication
- build a culture of evidence based practice, critical review and
sharing through publication
- provide a vehicle for dissemination of information and clinical
change projects and innovations
- showcase the writing of nurses and midwives, either individually or
in collaboration with other disciplines
It's called Handover, so hand
it over and share it with colleagues! Handover belongs to you. Consider
contributing to future editions.
- Feature articles: Original research and reports of other clinically
- Discussion papers: Scholarly papers and literature reviews that
highlight significant issues and challenges, trends and changing practice
- Clinical focus: Practice problem oriented papers that highlight
creative and successful solutions, clinician's team efforts and evaluation of
- Local interest: Reports on activities, people and processes that are
unique to a particular area or service within the Area Health Service and
highlight clinicians and their exceptional work
- Student contributions: Literature reviews, case studies and other
scholarly work, possibly based on assignments. These may include articles that
result from collaborations between students and academics
- Resource Articles: Comprehensive articles which focus on writing and
reviewing articles for publication or other relevant aspects of professional
development and practice.
Contact email: HNEhandover@health.nsw.gov.auth.nsw.gov.au